Richard Herring, MD Featured
19475 Old Jetton Rd., Suite 100 Cornelius NC
About Dr. Herring:
Board certified in both allergy & immunology and internal medicine, Dr. Herring has been with Carolina Asthma and Allergy Center since 2012. He graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill with a degree in biology. After 2 years of research at UNC Cystic Fibrosis Center, he decided to go to medical school. Dr. Herring went to East Carolina University for medical school and completed a combined four-year residency program in internal medicine and pediatrics, caring for both adults and children. He then completed an adult and pediatric specialty fellowship program in allergy and immunology at the UVA Medical Center in Charlottesville, Virginia. Dr.
Dr. Herring first became interested in this field when his wife’s allergies dramatically improved with allergy shots. He truly loves helping patients of all ages lead healthier lives and assisting them in actively changing the course of their allergic disorders. He also enjoys helping children and adults in all areas of his field such as severe nasal and eye allergies, allergic asthma, allergic eczema, as well as food allergy and immune deficiency syndromes.
For fun, Dr. Herring loves spending quality time with his family, being outdoors, and traveling. He has 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls ranging in age from 2 to 11 years old.
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology, 2007
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Fellowship:University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- Residency:East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine
- Internship:East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine
- Medical School:East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine
- College:University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Food Allergy
- Drug Allergy
- Venom Allergy
The following is a list of insurance companies with whom Carolina Asthma & Allergy Center P.A. has contracts. We recommend you check with your insurance company to verify the level of asthma and allergy coverage provided and your financial responsibility.
- Aetna (All products)
- Alliance Health Plan (PPO)
- BCBS of North Carolina (All products)
- BCBS Federal Employees
- BCBS of North Carolina State Health Plan
- BCBS of South Carolina State Health Plan
- BCBS of South Carolina (All products)
- Beech Street
- Carolina Care Plan/Medical Mutual
- Cigna (All products)
- Coventry Healthcare
- First Health Network
- Great West
- Health Net Federal Services
- Humana Gold Choice (Medicare Advantage) eff. 3/1/13
- MedCost Preferred Network
- Medicaid of North Carolina
- Carolina Access of NC – PCP authorization required.
- EDS Federal – PCP authorization required for new patient.
- NC Health Choice
- Medicaid of South Carolina – PCP authorization required for new patient.
- Absolute Total Care
- Medicare North Carolina
- MedicareSouth Carolina
- Railroad Medicare
- Medicare Choice – Partners HMO – PCP authorization required.
- Multiplan Network
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS) Network
- Premier Health Systems – PPO
- Primary Physician Care
- Secure Horizons (Medicare Advantage) UHC
- Prime – PCP authorization required
- UMWA Health and Retirement Funds
- United Health Care
- USA Managed Care Organization
- Veterans Administration
- Wellpath – All products
About Carolina Asthma & Allergy Center:
Carolina Asthma & Allergy Center is the area’s largest asthma and allergy practice made up entirely of board-certified physicians. Our allergy specialists treat patients of all ages for a range of conditions including food allergy, drug allergy, insect allergy, and asthma. We are committed to providing a high standard of expertise in allergy treatment and asthma care. Contact us today to schedule an appointment at one of our convenient locations including SouthPark, Ballantyne, Lake Norman, Monroe, Gastonia, and Rock Hill.
Other Lake Norman Locations:
15940-C Northcross Drive
Huntersville, NC, 28078
311 Williamson Rd, Suite 100
Mooresville, NC, 28117
Healthy Living Tips From Dr. Herring
Monday : 8am - 5pm (Closed for Lunch 12:30pm - 1:30pm))
Tuesday : 8am - 5pm (Closed for Lunch 12:30pm - 1:30pm)
Wednesday : 8am - 5pm (Closed for Lunch 12:30pm - 1:30pm)
Thursday : 8am - 5pm (Closed for Lunch 12:30pm - 1:30pm)
Friday : 8am - 5pm (Closed for Lunch 12:30pm - 1:30pm)