Think of getting involved in your financial life as a form of self-care, much in the same way you take care of your health. Here are three actions you can implement today that will help you take care of YOU when it comes to your finances.
- Own Your Worth. Take the time to add up your assets and debts. Next, ask yourself a series of questions to help in framing your needs
- What do you want to accomplish in your life?
- Who are the people who matter most to you?
- What do you want your legacy to be?
- What are your main concerns?
- How do you plan to achieve your vision?
- Find Your Voice. There is a tremendous benefit in having open communication about money with a trusted confidante, a financial advisor, or peers.
- Set An Example. It’s not unusual for men and women to repeat the gender roles they experienced growing up when it comes to financial matters. So as you begin taking a more active role in your finances, you can set a great example of empowerment and financial partnership for the next generation.
Eileen Stoner is a Senior Vice President-Wealth Management at UBS Financial Services Inc. UBS Financial Services Inc. is a subsidiary of UBS AG. Member FINRA/SIPC.